WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Friday, November 9, 2007

Stamping on Mailing Labels



This is an old technique I learned years ago where you stamp on a sheet of mailing labels and then transfer them to cardstock. I believe I chalked these. I have no idea what brand stamps these are. I added some Twinkling H2O's to the leaves to make them shimmer. Using my Judikins Color Dusters, I lightly dusted blue all around for the sky. Color dusters are about a dollar each and a great investment. I do not wash them. I have one for each basic color and now and then I wipe them over a baby wipe to take off some of the build up. Washing them ruins them.

TIP: After you stamp the labels, while they are still on the original waxed sheet, take a piece of sticky repositionable paper of some sort (I use removable clear book cover that comes in a roll at Walmart at back to school time) and lay the sticky side face down on the labels. Then carefully turn it over and detach the original waxed carrier leaving the labels in perfect position on the sticky sheet. Then flip the sticky sheet and position on your cardstock and press the labels firmly to the cardstock. You get absolutely perfectly positioned labels!

THANK YOU to reader, Cindy H who says the birds are PSX and the sentiment is Co-Motion.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute card! I love how you colored it. And, it looks just like you are looking through a window. Thanks for a great tip, too!

F.Y.I. incase someone wants to know, the birds are from PSX and the sentiment appears to be a
Co-Motion stamp - I have both :)

SueB said...

What an interesting tip - thanx! - I'll have to try this one! Cute card - love the chalking.

later, alligator!
- Sue B of sueblondin.blogspot.com

Jennifer Meyer said...

I LOVE this card Donna. I think the bird stamp is retired! Thanks for the help on the technique and sweet design.

Jennifer :)