WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Friday, November 2, 2007

Snowbird



I have a friend who collects cardinal Christmas cards and I have sent her a card for her collection every year for several years. This care is done by rubbing blue ink inside a Cuttlebug folder and then embossing a blue card in it for the snowflake background. The trees are from the Three Trees set and I sponged blue ink around them for the sky. I cannot remember where I got the bird. Then I cut a piece of transparency and put the snowflakes on with white Stazon ink.

I took several photos but could not get rid of that glare streak.

5 comments:

Shellie Shufelt said...

I love this card! I really like how you stamped the snowflakes onto the transparancy instead of just stamping them onto the cs. I bet it gives it great dimension! Question...how did you attach the transparency onto the cs?

Elaine said...

What a beauty!!! I love that card!! The snowflakes add a great touch and make the card that much more unique - because you've gone the extra mile!

Dawn said...

This card is sooooo cool. I love it. The bird is perfect. The colours are wonderful. IT's so cute. Very very nice job!

Stampin' Meg said...

This is so gorgeous- that little red pop of the bird is perfect!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card! I'm going to have to try that technique with the embossing folder. Yours came out soooo cool. I love your cardinal, too. I have feeders that the cardinals come to year-round but they are so especially incredible looking when it snows - their colors really pop! Love this card!!!