WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

OnyxXpressions Christmas Bird



This is one of 2 Onyx Xpressions stamps I purchased. I do not care for the black rubber in that it is very slick, quite hard, and does not take ink well--nor can you easily see if your stamp is inked well or if you have cleaned it. I stamped with this over a dozen times and was still not completely satisfied with the impression it left. It just would not take ink as well as either clear or red rubber no matter what I did. I do LOVE the image itself though. After I stamped and colored it, I Versamarked it and covered it in Stardust EP and heated. I have another black rubber stamp from this same company and am having the same issues with it.

3 comments:

larue said...

Did you try coating it with Goo Gone first, blotting that off, and then scrubbing it with a cleaner.
I have quite a few of their animal stamps and they really stamp well with chalk inks.

Dawn said...

this is very nice.

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely card! I love how you colored the image. Also, lovely is the cardstock with snowflakes - it looks like it is darker on top and changes color/shade on the bottom. Is that the lighting or the actual DP? It's really beautiful.