WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Favorite Card--Sisters



My husband says this is his favorite card of any I have made in the last 12 years of stamping. My own sisters will find special significance in this, because when we were 5 yrs, 3 yrs. and my little sis was a baby, we had a picture taken like this. Later as adults we had an adult version taken. This is a stamp from smARTworks (see link at left) but there were 4 girls on it. I clipped off one. The background papers are Basic Grey Blush from the 6 x 6 pad. The stitching, which I purposely messed up a bit so it would look like a little girl's sewing is from the Hanging by a Thread set by Technique Tuesday. That clear set is worth it's weight in gold. The vintage looking ribbon is from Fancy Pants.

Debbie and Diana--doesn't that pink print paper look like the nightgowns Mom made for us??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a darling card. The dp gives it an old fashion look. Even the lace looks familiar, lol. tfs

Annie said...

this is a very romantic card and the papers you have chosen work with the image so well.

Kelly L said...

This is so darling! I love the litte girl image, and the papers and ribbon are perfect! This is so vintage looking. I would love to do loads of cards like these!! Great card. I hope it brings back wonderful memories for you and your sisters as well.

Elaine said...

This is really a charming card and the fact that it has special meaning to you makes even better! I am whittling down my order from smARTworks - all because of your recommendation!

-E

Dawn said...

Another perfect card. I really love the old time feel to this. the colors are perfect. I am sure your sisters will love this beauty.