WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Faux Snowglobe



You have probably been seeing these on various blogs. I just had to try it. This is a clear ornament with a removable top. It is 3.5" in diameter. I cut a 3.5" circle out of a transparency with my Coluzzle (don't use a punch as it can jam your punch). I then stamped on it with Palette Noir and colored it with Sharpies. I added snowflakes with Stazon white around the edges. Then remove the stopper to the ornament and roll up your circle and slip in. Using a tweezers get it centered and then pour in irridescent snowflakes on BOTH sides of the transparency. Replace the stopper. The base was made with an empty individual serving fruit can and I used red liner tape to attach the paper. Sorry I could not get a clearer picture, but the reflection of the bulb was still a problem a dozen photos later. I designed this globe to go with the nugget tin in the next photo (if blogger will quit acting up and let me load it).

1 comment:

Tandra said...

Oh thats cute! The tutorial is on Splitcoaststampers!