WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Tissue Technique



This card was inspired by Nichole Heady's blog (see link at left). Before she did the Oct. 15 release, she reminded me of this old technique with her snowflake card. I learned this technique when I was a beginning stamper about 12-13 years ago. I decided to give it a try again. The background for this card is the one I showed you several posts back and mentioned that I would make a card using it. If you need the details for the background, scroll back a few days. The image itself is from Trees Three by SU. I stamped it over the weave background done in a light pink. Weave is from CHF and is one of my favorite backgrounds. After I had the image done I covered the whole thing with cheap glue stick and then laid a piece of very crumpled white tissue (like you put in gift bags) over the top and smooth. Fold over, miter the corners and glue to the back. Smooth with your bone folder. You want some wrinkles in it. It will almost become part of the card. It creates a bit of a hazy look, much like our smoky and foggy fall mornings around here. I then used some brown chalk ink to sponge the edges and adhered to dark brown cardstock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is really pretty. I like this one.