WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Single Most Asked Question



The single most asked question I get from blog readers is "How do you do your coloring?" Well, this book says it all. While I don't use pencils as often as Dave, the principles for markers, reinkers, and watercolor crayons are all the same. He covers it in this book. How to work from light to dark, how to pull out color, where to layer, which colors to use together, and how to use detail is all there. I got this book at Amazon for a steal!! I plan to buy a couple more to use as gifts. It is an excellent book and will inspire you to find ways to add depth and color to your stamping. Nothing in it is difficult, in fact most techniques are explained in a a few sentences or a couple of paragraphs. Additionally, you probably already have what you need to do these techniques within your current supplies. I highly recommend this book and nope, you won't need Copics to do this.

4 comments:

Rose Ann said...

I love this book as well!

I bought mine from Ellen Hudson's store, and while it wasn't a "steal" it's autographed by the author. :)

Elaine said...

Oh, thanks for the lead on where to buy! I saw this at Rubber Soul in Redmond today - and stopped myself after realizing I am wayyyy over budget this quarter!

Anonymous said...

How neat, thanks for the recommendation.

Unknown said...

Great information on the book. I have sooooo many books, but I'm always looking for a good one to I can improve my coloring skills. I need to head over to Amazon. Thanks for the review!