WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Having Fun with Techniques



I have lately been noticing cards with layers on the background. I was unable to find directions and so I made up my own.
To make this card, I stamped SU Houndstooth in rose on apricot paper. I then took stamps from In the Spotlight (thanks again, Michele) and embossed using Versamark and clear EP. Then I sponged Cranberry Adirondack unevenly over the card. Using a tissue, wipe ink from the embossed areas. The card below is done in the same way, but I overlayed 2 backgrounds and coated the card with 2 inks for a deeper effect. When I get these cards made into cards after using them for backgrounds, I will post the finished products.

1 comment:

Trish D said...

I know this technique as Joseph's Coat inside out, and JanTink has posted a tutorial (plus there are tons of samples in her newer posts)

http://stampspaperscissors.typepad.com/stamps_paper_scissors/2007/09/josephs-coat-in.html