WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Saturday, September 8, 2007

True Friend in Pink



I am SO glad I cut up my stamps. I have made several cards and it really does make it easier and allow for more options.

I used the set along with my Paper Trey stamps for this card. The flower and the dark pink images on the background are from the SU True Friend set. The white circles and the border around the sentiment and the sentiment are from the Circles set from Paper Trey. The dotted border above and below the flower are from the Faux Ribbon Paper Trey set. the flower is done in SU Pink Passion and then using Rock n' Roll technique I did the edges in Dark Peony Colorbox Fluid Chalk. The stem is Old Olive. The flower center is a metallic dot from JoAnn in a light pink.

For some reason the pink round sentiment looks like it doesn't match. In real life, in real light it does. Just could not get it to look right in the photo for some reason.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! I gasped when I seen what you did with your stamps, but I think that it was a great idea!
Pam

Elaine said...

I think separating the stamps is a very good thing for you to have done!!!

Is there a way to subscribe to your blog?

-Elaine

Kathy W said...

Very pretty card. I like how you combined True Friend with the Paper Trey stamps. I don't really care for the True Friend sentiment, so it is nice to see other sets/companies combined with it to give me ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Corie said...

This card is the definition of pretty -- love it!!