WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Answering Questions

Q-Thanks so much for sharing Google Reader, but do you realize that you will get less hits by encouraging readers to use it?

A-I honestly do the blog as much for my own fun as anything, but I contacted Google and they said that you still get the hits every time someone looks at your entry through Google Reader whether they go to the blog from the entry on Google Reader, or not. So for you, if the hits on your blog matter, you still get them if you encourage readers to make their blog reading easier with Google Reader.

Q-I saw on a chatboard that someone kind of poked at you about listing advertisers on your blog roll. Would you clarify if you make money from your blog?

A-Not a single cent do I get from anywhere. I list my favorite vendors to share them with YOU!! I also like having the list with the links handy as I really do purchase from those places.

Q-Do you consider yourself a frugal stamper?

A-LOL! Ask my husband that one! Actually, I used to be very frugal and still am in certain areas. I have to decide between time and money and sometimes convenience and getting exactly what you want is worth the extra. On the other hand, I still use the Georgia Pacific Walmart cardstock because I like it and because it is such a good deal. I still buy my red in reams at Paper Zone to save some money. I make lots of tools that I use and can often Lamaze breathe my way through a fad without purchasing until the urge passes. A lot of my reason for going unmounted is to save money and of course, because I like all the new options and space savings. I am a banker's daughter who was taught to weigh every purchase. On the other hand, life is short and stamping is joy. Joy is pretty valuable these days.

Q-How do you decide what to give for blog candy?

A-I choose things I love to share. Once I choose a theme I start collecting things for the giveaway. For the ribbon giveaway, I actually collected for over a year and bought ribbon in Europe and Hawaii to include. My current giveaway (see previous post and get in on it before next Saturday!) is something I have also been collecting for. Shopping trips to Seattle always net a delightful little bundle of blog candy.

Q-How do you find the time to post daily?

A-The posting takes under a minute. It is the card making and shooting the photos that takes time. I don't stamp any more than I always have. I just stamp when I want and put the cards aside for a good day to photograph. Then I load them all into a folder and have them sitting there to post each day. I think I have enough for about 2 months stored in a file at this point, but since I am stamping all along, some days you see something I just made minutes before and other days my post is a card I made long ago.

Q-What will you do when you retire from teaching in your special little school?

A-I cannot imagine retiring from this job I love so dearly. I often say I will probably die there, hopefully not in front of the children, LOL! If I did retire--possibly due to my hearing loss situation--I am sure I would stay busy. I am not a person to sit and stare at the walls by any means!

No comments: