WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Answering Questions

Firstly, I have had 3 people tell me that my links do not work. For some reason they sometimes work sporadically or I try repeatedly to get them to link and I cannot. This is why I refer people to my links on the left when you scroll down. To my knowledge, they do work consistently. I think that this is one of those flukey Mac things that happens now and then. All you have to do it is to cut and paste the address into your address bar if you find it won't work for you.

Q-What popular stamping items have you decided to forgo and why?

A-Well, I pretty much never say never. I can be hesitant and then later, at the right price or with the right experience, I can be won over. But at this moment I am still not going for the Copics. I just read of too many problems that others are having with them. It appears one needs to be quite an experienced artist in order to get a good result. I am just not there yet. I also am not, at this point, buying Nestabilities. Too expensive and I seem to be able to make due with other ways of getting the same effect. No Bellas for me yet. I know they are all the rage, but just not my style. The teacher one and the book one did make me pause, but it was the layout and the theme that attracted me and not the images themselves.

Q-What popular stamping items are you glad you bought?

A-Since I was able to find almost every one of my oval and circle scallop punches for about 40% or even more off the regular price, I am pretty happy with those. I really actually use them more than I expected. Also, I will never regret my Cuttlebug. It is still used A LOT!! The ATG gun remains probably my favorite purchase ever. That thing is such a dream in so many ways (nothing falls off, ease of use, savings is awesome, and the rolls last so long that I don't need to mess with them). I am still only on my third roll of ATG tape! I also still love my hot knife for unmounting.

Q-Have you ever regretted unmounting?

A-Not one bit. In fact I wish I had done it years before.

Q-Tell us your favorite UM stamp companies.

A-I have added a few more since I last posted about that. I have found Sideshow Stamps, Verve Visual, Lizzie Ann, Fancy Pants, and Crafty Secrets added to my love of Paper Trey and several others previously mentioned. I really think twice or even thrice before considering a wood mounted stamp because I am just going to toss that wood. As you noticed I am in love though with the SU True Friend set and yes, I am very happy that I cut it up for ease of use.

Q-I never see you refer to a Cropadile? Do you use one?

A-I don't think I need one. I have an eyelet setter and really don't even use it much anymore. I don't know what I would do with it. I have seen them all over the place but have never used one.

Q-Are we going to be seeing Christmas cards soon?

A-I LOVE Christmas stamping. By the time I am through you are going to be begging for me to quit with the Christmas. But--I do have a few more fall and Halloween things in the works and I am still happily using some floral sets currently also.

No comments: