WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Answering Questions

Note: If your question pertained to a certain card then I generally have gone back to that post and answered the question as part of the explanation for that card.

Q-If all things were equal--size of stamp set, both high quality, images equally appealing, and the price was the same, would you prefer red rubber or clear acrylic.

A-Hands down I would go for clear acrylic. Once you have been using them a lot they are just a dream to position and ink. I feel slightly handicapped when using even unmounted red rubber. I just crave being able to see through the stamp and I love being able to stamp it twice to make the color richer.

Q-How do you store your 12 x 12 paper?

A-Still looking for a good method. Right now I have a few of the 12 x 12 plastic box/folders and I also got a cool very heavy duty envelope when I ordered something from somewhere. That is what I am using now, but I am going to have to come up with a solution.

Q-Do you scrapbook?

A-I have done 2 for myself after Hawaii and Paris, one for my son on Paris, and I have helped a couple of friends do it. I think since my kids are grown I just didn't go that direction.

Q-Have you ordered yet from the cheap place you linked for tins?

A-I have a long wish list and will probably order early next week. I have got to figure out where to store the stuff first!

Q-Have you ordered from MFT lately?

A-Not since the teacher set. The dog walking one slated for October release just does not grab me and I did not think the shower one was versatile enough for my needs.

Q-Do you think 5 years from now that all stamps will be clear?

A-I would love that. I think it will likely happen. These stamps are just such a hit. Every time I go to Seattle I see the stores that carry mainly wood carrying more and more clear acrylic stamps. But, I do have many red rubber stamps that I will never part with thanks to the design.

Q-What is your most recent "tool" purchase?

A-I bought a cheap paper shredder at Shopko to make packing paper for bags, boxes, and general mailing. A great way to recycle computer paper. Paper bags are cool too. Run your paper through your crimper first for a really nice effect.

Q-What one thing is a must for stamping Christmas cards?

A-I cannot get enough glitter and sparkle. I go through Stickles like mad and use lots of sparkly clear embossing powder too!

Q-Which new in colors do you use?

A-I love the Pomegranate and will be stocking up on that like I did with Cool Carribean. Got my first package of Groovy Guava this week and I think I am going to like it with Chocolate Chip for Halloween cards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.