WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Using a Sponge as a Stamp



For this mini-card I used a new make up sponge for the moon. I like the texture it gives. I inked the entire sponge with yellow and then rolled the edges in orange. Make up sponges made for cosmetic cases come in different shapes and sizes and are a very inexpensive way to get solid shadow stamps with texture. I don't wash them. They are so cheap that I just save one to use for a certain color and then use a new one for a new color.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna,
Are you talking about the wedge sponges? I never can seem to get enough ink on a sponge to get consistent color. The sponge "daubers" that are sold for stamping are practically useless as far as I am concerned. Can't quite get the hang of them. Too thin. Did you get the newest sets last night from Paper Trey? Awesome sets. P.S. I love your halloween kitty!
Thanks for sharing, I check your blog every morning to see what you've come up with. Love it.
Judi

Anonymous said...

Neat technique and adorable kitty card.