WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Latchhook Canvas Sponged Background


Inspired by many cards I have seen done with the Art of Life SU set. I used latchhook canvas and sponged through it for the background.
NOTE: I did not use plastic canvas. I used latchhook canvas. It is like thin stiff string that has been starched and makes the grid pattern easily. VERY cheap, available at an craft store where they sell latchhook supplies.

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

Donna, I love this card. Art of Life is such a pretty, calming set. Thanks for the idea of sponging through plastic canvas. I don't own any background stamps yet (due to budget), but I have a TON of plastic canvas from my stitchery days. I'll have to go try it out!

Anonymous said...

I love the look of this card - so delicate. Is that a plastic canvas that you use? If not plastic, can it be reused?