WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Color Dust Resist



The brush you see is a Color Duster by Judikins. For my money, these are the handiest little tools for less than $1.50 each. You simply use a dusting, not a pouncing motion, over your ink pad. Then use the same dusting motion to lay down color in layers on the card for an air brush look. Takes a bit of practice but it is fun and easy after you get the hang of it. Never wash your dusters as they will fall apart. You simply use one for each basic color group. The one you see is used for all pinks including light pink. You can dust off the color on old scrap paper but it will always be pink. You can swipe it over wet baby wipes if you accidentally forget and brush it over another color, but often you get a pleasant, yet unexpected result by using it with the ink you accidentally put on it. I have one I use for experimenting with different color combos and have come up with some really fun things.

This stamp is a Fancy Pants clear stamp, same set as the "Happy" sentiment on the blue card below. I stamped it with Versamark in clear on white cardstock. Then used clear embossing powder and heat set. When it was cool I began using my Color Dusters to make the flowers pop! Then rub the whole thing with a clean tissue to remove ink residue from the parts you want white. I used the SU ticket punch on the corners.

I used Bliss Blue for the background, Pretty in Pink, and Pink Passion for the flowers and Gable Green for the leaves.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Donna, beautiful card!!! I only have two dusters (one for blues and one for pinks). I need to get more. I don't use them enough and should pull them out and play this weekend. Thanks for sharing both the card and the details.