WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Answering Questions

Time to get caught up on the questions!

Q-Did you buy the Paper Trey sets last night at the reveal?

A-No, I have not but I am sorely tempted. I did not think I liked the flowers until I saw some of the cards in the Paper Trey Gallery. That first one done with the Rose Romance really won me over. I like the Spooky Treats but have many similar stamps already. The big jack o'lantern face is too big for my style. What has me looking at that set over and over is the label candy wrappers. I really love them. I also love the red Primas she just put on their site. I could also go for a tin or two for making gifts. I am still deliberating.

Q-Did you ever find the Crafty Secrets Coffee set you wanted?

A-I certainly did! I got them on ebay for $23 plus $2 shipping and they came today--only 3 days after ordering. I hope to play with them tonight.

Q-What kind of sponges did you use for the moon on the cat card?

A-It is a cosmetic case sponge, round and quite flat. You can buy them in packages of several for around 80 cents in varying sizes at Walmart. They are the round ones made to go in powder or blush round cases.

Q-What do you think of Verve Visual stamps?

A-I will let you know. Just preordered their new set revealed today and also the sentiment set. I waited to get both so I could save postage. They are a bit high priced for bare red unmounted rubber, but I had to try them. Watch for a review in the future.

Q-How much do you stamp?

A-Some days I don't stamp at all, and some days like last weekend, I get in a stamping frenzy. I have lots of new cards to show you and to post. While on vacation I bought lots of stamps and ribbons and when I have new stuff I can get really obsesssed making card after card from the same set. I worry that you readers will get tired of seeing many cards made from the same set, but that is just how I stamp.

Q-Why didn't the flowers on the sympathy card run when you wet them?

A-I spritz the stamp with a light mist after I have colored on it directly with markers. It does run a bit, blending the ink and giving a watercolored look. I do not mist the actual card though.

Q-Do you do holiday cards?

A-You bet I do. I have some Halloween ones made and was waiting to post but am getting requests to get a head start on holiday card photos, so I guess I will be diving in on Halloween soon even though it is still August.

Q-You have mentioned 10 clubs and stamp groups before. Will you show us what you make in those groups?

A-I never thought of it, but now that you mentioned it, I will be sure to do that in the future.

No comments: