WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Back to School



WooHoo! I can post pictures again!

The main images are from My Favorite Things (thanks to the person who alerted me to my mistake in identifying) and the dress is done with the paper piecing/applique technique (instructions in my old blog--see link at the side). Designer paper is Basic Grey. I did the background by attaching my unmounted little alphabet to a block and repeatedly stamping the 3 rows in white on black.

As a teacher, I love to see stamps for my profession. I make cards for other teachers to celebrate Back to School time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back. When does school start? I am retired Special Ed instructional asst. Right now, school supplies look like hobby possibilities.

Anonymous said...

Isn't this a My Favorite Things set?

Kathy W said...

Very cute card. I just remarked to DH that school is almost here (substitute elementary). Got the card for inservice in two weeks. I have got to try the paper piecing; it adds so much to the card. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

The paper piecing looks great! I especially like how you created the background with your alphabet - very clever. TFS