WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Ghosties, Dots, and Piercing--Oh, my!



After a discussion on Ghosties on Gingerwood (see link at side) which are the clear plastic embellishments from Heidi Grace, I decided to see what I could do. This one is a Heidi Grace one but I did not like that it was clear and shiny and did not take ink well. So I used a nail buffer (after trying sandpaper, which only left it all scratched up). The nail buffer nicely and evenly made it hazy and more permeable to the Cranberry Adirondack ink that I rubbed into it. It is attached with a glue dot and a red rhinestone.

I also discovered that Ghosties can be made with the Cuttlebug using empty milk cartons, lids from Cool Whip, Ziplock disposable food containers, and other non clear thin plastic items--thanks to the GW ladies.

I made the dots around the red cardstock edge using the technique I mentioned yesterday on this blog. It was trickier with non-see through cardstock so I simply marked the back of the card as a guide for where the square would go. I also added ruler liines to my chipboard template so I could see from the front where my positioning was.

The white stitched line on the right is done with the Cutter Bee Piercing tool (reviewed in posts a couple of weeks or so back in this blog). I then used a white pen for stitching. The red stitching is done with a stamp from the Hero Arts first ribbon set.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very coool card. For the dots, I was wondering if the SU piercing template's larger holes would work. Just another permutation.

ReneeK said...

Very cute card ~ Now I know what to use my nail buffer for - LOL!