WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Kincade



This is my first successful image with the Skater's Vignette. I was so disappointed in how tiny the stamp itself was and how many of the image parts were blacked out. For example the building on the stamp shows brick walls which I planned to color but they are all blacked out.Same for all the coats on all the people and many other things. There is very little one can color. Betsy at GW suggested I try it on glossy and it showed the detail much better, but in only 2 days the black ink is fading. Not sure what I can do to work with this stamp easier. I thought the frame would have been the size of the full card and the oval inside reasonably large. Not so. Paper used is Basic Grey Figgy Pudding. I used a Dove blender and markers to color and Stickles for snow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you did a fabulous job coloring this image. It appears that it is a night scene and one doesn't expect to see too much color or detail anyway - just enough so that you know what you are looking at.

Even though the image may be smaller than what you expected, you gave it the prominence it deserves with your frame. It's a lovely card!!! Thanks for sharing.