WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Donna's Stamp Company Review for 2007

One of my readers asked if I would review the companies I have purchased from online this year and let her know about quality, service, etc. So here goes. All of them are linked at the left if you scroll down.

Paper Trey: The stamps are totally awesome and I have never been disappointed. A bit pricey but the creativity and quality of the stamps make it well worth it. Customer service is good and shipping is reasonably fast most times and free over $40. It used to be excellent, but as they have grown they are a little slower to respond but still fall in the good range. They tend to have a lot of back orders though which is frustrating. I had one order held up due to this and when I ordered it showed up as in stock on their site. Their cardstock is fantastic to use with Nestabilities because it embosses so well! I give them an A-.

All That Scraps: This company is wonderful. Shipping is very fast and is free over $10. Customer service is outstanding. Christine emails when items you have inquired about are back in stock. She answers emails very quickly and lets you know when your item has shipped. I love her selection of ribbons and other small items in addition to her carrying My Favorite Things stamps which I love. A+ for this one.

OnyxXpressions: I did a preorder for Christmas stamps around Thanksgiving. They came late enough that there was no way I could use them for my Christmas cards. I LOVE their images but I have decided that the shiny black rubber just does not stamp well enough for me no matter what I do to them. I have 2 of their stamps and unless they change their rubber I won't be ordering again. I can neither see the black ink on the black rubber resulting in uncleaned stamps and uninked places on images. I give them a D+ hesitantly-- because I love the images, but the stamps just don't cut it for me.

SmArtWorks Stamps: Fast shipping, excellent service, good communication, wonderful stamp quality and excellent stamp images. I absolutely could not be happier which means they get A+ from this stamper.

ImpressRubberStamps: Located in Seattle, I both buy online and visit the store when I am in the area. I have visited 3 of their stores and am consistently met with clerks who go the extra mile, no problems with making returns, lots of creative ideas, a HUGE selection of things I like. When I order they ship quickly and I have never had a problem with an order. I give this company A+.

A Muse: I have purchased their stamps online, in their store, and in other stores. Customer service is excellent and they were SO nice in the store. I love their stuff but I do think their things, particularly the Elzybells stuff is priced pretty high. I give them an B+ only for the high prices. If they went clear and dropped their prices a bit, they would be on my A+ list.

Green Grass: I have ordered once and was pleased with quality, service, shipping, and their cute designs. I wish they had more to choose from and will order in the future. Another A+ company.

Verve Visual: Ditto the comments above and I will give them an A+ too.

Cut At Home: I love this company. Their monthly 40% off is a wonderful treat. Customer service is outstanding and Marci is excellent at communication. She also combined shipping for me on a backordered order with a current order and saved me dollars! I have only purchases Nestabilities, but am very impressed with this company!! Another A+ from this stamping teacher.

Cornish Heritage: Fast ship, wonderful stamps, many options---love the EZ mount. A nice forum with tips and excellent customer service. I ordered from them a few years ago before they were all the rage and made a mistake in my order. Liz fixed it by phone and was so nice about it. A few weeks ago I made another error on the kind of foam I ordered and she not only fixed it but didn't even charge me the difference. Another A+ company!!

Sideshow Stamps, River City, World Win Papers: I have done very minimal business with these companies this year but was pleased with all of them. World Win sent me a very generous gift at no charge and I was delighted. I will be buying from these companies in the future.

Stampin' Up: While not online I have an awesome demo and just wanted to tell her that I appreciate all she does. As for SU, I just want them to go unmounted so much!! Also, those darn poorly constructed ink pads are very frustrating. I have not seen the new catalog yet, so I don't know what I will "need", but I LOVE their paper and inks and colors! Even if they don't go UM I will be buying my cardstock and inks from them.

4 comments:

Paulie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I love comments but I have a new blogger friend whose real name is Dot so could you please use Donna or Dot2Dot next time? Appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences!
Hugs,
Gina K.

Far North said...

I am a huge on-line shopper and very much concur with your experiences. I would say that SmARTworks was the surprise sleeper company for me. I haven't heard much about them but their customer service & communication is superb.
The other company I would have to include in my list of favs is Blockheads Paper Arts. They have a wonderful range of products with great descriptions and frank critiques and comparision between product that I don't find elsewhere on the net but the kind of thing you might get if personally inquiring about a product--oh so helpful to those of us who never see products before we buy them! As well as tutorials on the use of products. Stacey provides great customer service.
Thanks!...Jan

SueB said...

love the review ... will be interesting to see if it changes next year!
later, 'gator!
- SueB of sueblondin.blogspot.com