WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Monday, February 25, 2019

Tricked

This is Toby and I was tricked. I thought I was going to the vet to get just weighed and to get my teeth checked. I was prepared for that and refused to open my mouth at all, and the next thing you know, they gave me shots. I now weigh 6 and a half pounds. I was 2 pounds 15 ounces when I first came home. The vet says I am growing much faster than he expected and now he thinks that rather than 7-9 pounds, I may end up 10-13 pounds. He said that I am smart and strong willed and will need challenging things to keep my mind busy. Mom picked up a puzzle toy at the store with her coupon and sure enough, I figured out all the levers, buttons, etc. to get the treats without having to be shown. It is nearly the same toy that both Ruby and Sami had to be given lessons on how to use. I now have full run of the house when Mom is home except for the bathroom and bedroom. I have also learned how to get through a blocked area that Mom was sure was fool proof. She has blocked me from the kitchen because I think the door rug is a potty pad and because I seem to get in trouble in that area of the house. I continue to sleep all night and my reward is getting to sleep on the bed because I have that figured out and wait to potty until we get up and I can get to my pad. Just to keep her off balance, I have now decided that getting a shower isn't as much fun anymore. I still love to splash in the puddles after and run and jump to make a big splash, but that rain coming down annoys me now. I have also decided that the blow dryer is not as much fun as I had thought it was. Also, I am thinking I need to let her know she is not totally in charge of everything and I need to have some opinions about things. I have my rabies shot at the end of March and neutering and microchip at the end of April. I have to have the rabies shot before the surgery in order to go to intermediate level in puppy school. I am doing well in puppy school and always do just perfectly for the teacher, but not at home when we practice. The teacher knows what she is doing and she is more consistent.

No comments: