WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Sunday, February 10, 2019

The Adventures of Toby-Chapter 2

The Adventures of Toby: Today I attended puppy class and we learned so much that I need a nap. And homework! They gave me homework! The teacher was very nice and she had some special treats for us when we got bored with the ones our moms brought for us. There are 4 of us in our class. Bizzy is a mini-dachshund and about the size of a jelly bean and only 10 weeks old. Kojack is Great Dane and is my age, and JoJo was a beautiful husky puppy that my mom thought was so cute. I did just fine in class until the end when I got too distractible. We worked on sit, focus, clicker reinforcement and marking, and release (ending a behavior we were asked to do). I like the teacher. She does not believe in any punishment or scolding. She told our moms that dogs who obey consistently do so because we adore them and are not afraid of being punished. The teacher thought I already showed that I will be a great service dog and I am very eager to please. All mom had to do was rattle the treat bag and I was trying to do what I had been taught almost in a frenzy. I really liked all of the other dogs and not one dog was naughty in any way for the full hour. Well, one threw up from too many treats, but I totally understand that. We also got a treat bag to bring home, just like a birthday party!

No comments: