WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Friday, February 15, 2019

More Adventures of Toby

The Adventures of Toby: My training techniques are working well on my mom. I taught her to play fetch. I had a hard time dropping what I brought back, or so she thought, so she started to use 2 toys. When I brought one back, she would only throw the other when I dropped the first one. Well, duh, that was my plan all along so that the game could never end. Then I figured out that I should only bring back my favorite toys which are the balls and the toys that squeak. I rarely bother with the others because they just aren't as much fun. This turned out better than I expected because she bought a package of 15 squeaky toys for $12 and now I am surrounded by delightful toys. She is finally proving to be trainable. I think I just had to let her age a little and help her figure out what I was telling her. Brain development, you know. Now she is getting it. She is so happy that I use the potty pads 95% of the time in this weather. The other 5% of the time is because she misjudges something, yep--totally her fault, but I will be patient because this is her first time owning a puppy and you cannot expect one to be perfect immediately. I have her serving my raw pumpkin in a separate bowl because I don't like my foods mixed. She knows that I like certain bowls and not others. She is now reading a book called, "The Other End of the Leash" about how humans are the ones who need to be trained. I am also making sure she keeps shelling out money. I have outgrown my harness and my sweater and soon will be able to get over the short gate to my craft room. Yes, it is my room, but she is allowed to craft in here if I am getting enough fetch time at the same time. I will have to say that I did pick a reasonably bright human who learns eventually and is doing all she can to please me. She is pretty enthralled with me and I just have to say that that is working for me. Did you see the pillow she bought me for Valentine's Day? It is posted on her timeline. I do like those personalized gifts as they show forethought.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Toby sounds like he is keeping you busy!! How often do the two of you have puppy class? Ah, pets in craft rooms...I love my cat, but I got so angry at her last week when she jumped on my stamping table putting a paw first on my ink scrubbing pad, then onto my project...leaving a perfect inky residue paw print.