WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Answering Questions

Long overdue to answer questions!

Q-What do you think of the new Papertrey cardstock?

A-I love it. The quality is the same as the white. The berry color was a bit orange but I do like it.

Q-Please explain how you deal with the Kitchen Sink stamps.

A-I used a sharpie on the back of each one to number the order and sized. Big rose stamps are 1-A, 1-B, etc. Next size down is 2-A, 2-B, etc.

Q-Where are you getting all the pretty dotted swiss ribbon?

A-American Crafts sells little rolls in Paper Zone. This is where I got my aqua, apricot, raspberry, pink, and other colors. My berry and blush are PTI.

Q-You mentioned dew drops. What kind and where do you buy them?

A-I get mine from Impress Rubberstamps (they have them online) and I used the Robin's Nest ones. I learned at GW to use a glue dot!

Q-How do you do the pretty eyelet lace trim with your Fiskars? I cannot get it to emboss my cardstock.

A-I had the same problem and I just use computer paper. Press down to punch and then press a bit harder to dry emboss. Also looks pretty if you run the paper through the Swiss Dots CB folder first.

Q-How are your eyes?

A-Still not back up to par, but getting closer all the time. It has been a long haul for sure, but I am making steady, if not very slow, progress.

Q-Which paper cutter do you prefer?

A-I have an old Fiskar's Rotary cutter that I love. It is over 10 years old and nothing else compares that I have tried.

Q-I heard a rumor you bought a Copic pen?

A-How in the world did you hear that? Yes, I did buy a skin colored one, but have not used it much. I just liked the color so much. I still don't plan to buy more of them.

Q-You said you were reorganizing your stamps. What did you do?

A-I removed them all from my bookshelves and put them in an antique banker's chest right next to me. I have shoulder problems and the constant reaching up to the high shelves was aggravating the condition.

Q-Did you ever find the Memory slot punch and if so, where?

A-Impress Rubber stamps has them. I absolutely love it.

Just a note: Paper Zone now carries the ATG guns and the tape!

No comments: