WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Cuttlebug/Nestability Tips

Passing on a discovery that Elaine (GW) made. If you don't have a gold embossing mat, or don't want to bother with one when using Nesties, you can just use the edge of your bone folder to do the embossing part. It is so easy and makes such a nice deep dry emboss. Honestly, I will be doing the embossing a lot more since learning this tip.

I experimented with making myself a cutting platform for my Cuttlebug for die cutting Nesties. I took the white plate A and put it on the bottom, next I laid on my cardstock shims made custom for my machine, and then I layered on a quite used plate B. I used strong packing tape and sealed all the edges together and voila! I have the perfect platform. All I have to do is put down my die, my cardstock and cover with a B plate! No more fumbling for the right combination. It really does save time and frustration. I bought a second A plate to use alone with my 50% off coupon at Michaels and it cost me about $3.50 so I can use that one with the embossing folders.

No comments: