WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Sunday, March 3, 2019

A Note from Toby

Hi, it's me, Toby. Mom says I have made huge developmental advances in the last week. Whatever that means, she thinks it is good. I play a lot on my own now and don't need constant interaction. I can go in another room and not panic and actually play for half an hour. If I get too quiet she checks on me and so far she has not been unhappy with what I have been doing except for once when I got too busy to make it to the potty pad. I have gotten enough taller and stronger that a few things got put out of my reach. I am sure going to miss that cord from the lamp and the stool she put downstairs because I chewed up the edge. She actually was pretty ok about it as none of it was irreparable or expensive and she knows I have trouble with self-control. I got my last set of the series of shots and will get the first rabies next month. They are going to delay my surgery (surgery??) for another month because I still don't have my adult teeth and that seems to be how they decide. As for development I can now come when called, bring things, drop things, leave things--most of the time. She has figured out that I will do almost anything for a Cheerio!
I have pretty much stopped begging for her food--but that was her fault I ever got started. I am barking much less. At work she has a can with beans in it and she shakes it if I continue barking after the initial greeting of people. I hate the sound of that thing and now if she even picks it up I just shut up. I completely understand "night night" and when I get in bed with her and she says that, I know I have to lie down and be still and get right to sleep. Mom slipped on the ice and while she didn't fall she twisted and has had a sore back for over a week. It is getting better, but it has limited her willingness to pick up toys all over the house or lean down to play fetch. She has been working on a couple of organizational projects and I have let her get a surprising amount done. She had a "down" day yesterday, so we snuggled a lot and I like that. Today I have puppy class. 2 more and then I graduate to intermediate level. I refuse to wear a cap and gown. I got a new coat because I totally outgrew my red and black checked sweater. She got the new one really big so it will still work next winter, but she has figured out how to make it fit for now. I will have her post a photo of me wearing it when I sit still long enough. Tomorrow I go to the groomer. She has been delaying a haircut because of the cold, but it has all just gotten out of control and so I will see Janae for the morning tomorrow. That coat will come in handy after that. The only thing we have not made much progress on is brushing my teeth. I clamp my mouth shut and that is that. Mom is so, so anxious for the weather to break so we can go for walks and so we can reduce the use of the indoor potty pads. She uses washable cloth ones because I tear the disposables to shreds in minutes. I just cannot figure out why she cares about a used Kleenex or a paper towel. Not like she is going to use it again, but she still doesn't want me to have it.

No comments: