WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Saturday, December 8, 2018

You Are a Terrible Artist

Years ago, I was told by my 8th grade art teacher, to just read during art because I did not get art. I did not follow her rules and just wanted to have fun making things. She did not like that I would not follow the specifications, the color charts, the rule of 3, etc. So I quit doing art. Never did it in HS or college at all. As a young mother I was looking for a hobby and was in a friend's home where she had a carved and painted Noah's ark and animals and I loved it. Asked her how much she would charge to do a set for me and she said $1500. But, she told me I could learn to do it too. I told her that I was horrible at art and she told me she thought I should try. So, I took a carving class, which led to painting classes, which led to paper arts and on and on and here I am today. I use only pine for my wood projects. I have never met anyone that could not get the hang of it and I have met many, many women who do this kind of handmade work.

No comments: