WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Friday, January 2, 2015

Product/Vendor Reviews for 2014

MISTI-Without a doubt, my favorite stamping item purchased in 2014 was my MISTI (Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented). I have owned it nearly 3 weeks now and love it in every way. I cannot imagine anyone having a complaint about it. Even those who thought the price was high are now saying it is worth it's weight in gold. I have a review on Dec. 15 on this blog and video on Dec. 29. If I ever need to replace it, I will do it without hesitation.

SPELLBINDERS TOOL IN ONE-I purchased this on Amazon and am quite impressed with it. It works very well on most dies and adequately on others. It helps get the little bits out of an intricate die. I would say it does the job at about 90% satisfaction. For the price it is handy and the piercer on the end is nice too.

FRESH INK PADS- I purchased a few more of these and completed my refill collection this year. The newer colors are just as nice as the past offerings. These are chalk type pads in that no matter how long they dry there will be a tiny bit of rub off, which doesn't bother me at all. Available only at Impress Stamps.

WE R MEMORY KEEPERS ENVELOPE BOARD- I really like this tool. It will make envelopes very easily and accurately for any size card.  I got mine at Craft Warehouse.

ABSORB-IT CLOTH--Again purchased at Amazon. Best stamp cloth ever. I don't use baby wipes anymore. Just this and water cleans my stamps very well with little effort. Just cut off a piece and rewet that piece for months. You can wash them, but I just toss them and cut off another piece. I rinse it well after every use. Even though they stain, if you rinse them they don't release ink.

MAGNETIC PLATFORM-Purchased from SU and I am very happy with it. Great for cutting multiple or very small dies.

VENDORS:

Papertrey Ink (online only): After years of bad experiences and terrible customer service, they seem to have their act together again for the most part. If you go to Splitcoast you will see a bad experience now and then in the area of rude customer service, but they are few and far between and used to be practically daily that a customer would vocally complain on a blog or forum. Also, in the last year I think their designs have improved again, after a long lull of bland designs. Betsy's MIM kits are expensive, but very innovative. I purchased the Tinsel and Tags and a floral set this past year. They are pricey particularly if you don't want all the items, but I have found my extra unwanted items to be very easy to sell online.

Chic and Savvy: One of the best places ever to order discount priced dies with free shipping and fast shipping. Excellent customer service and I have never had a complaint and have ordered many times.

Amazon: I am finding more and more of my items on Amazon at good prices. I have Prime, so the free 2-day shipping is an added bonus.

Lil Inker:  I remain enthralled with their double stitch dies. They ship fast and give you a tracking number. Prices are high, but they are quality products.

Ebay: I have had 3 bad experiences on ebay this last year out of 7 purchases. One of those bad experiences was buying a Sizzix die set and dealing with a nasty seller. But--I can often find something on ebay that I cannot find elsewhere at a decent price. Shipping can be slow depending on the seller. I have also gotten some truly amazing deals using E-Snipe to buy my crafting items.

Sizzix--I just want to let my readers know that I broke my Big Shot a few months ago. Totally my fault for forcing something through it. I bought an aqua one on Amazon at a good price. I took the broken one apart and sent a picture to Sizzix asking if I could buy a replacement part and they just sent me one, totally free of charge. My husband spent about 5-10 minutes fixing it and it is as good as new.

My Favorite Things, Avery Elle, Mama Elephant and a few others remain companies that I buy from now and then. Prices can be high and shipping a little slow, but I have never had a complaint about their products.

Lawn Fawn--Love many of their stamp sets and dies. I often buy them from Amazon or at Craft Warehouse.

Hobby Lobby-I have purchased several storage items for my craftroom. I love the rustic industrial look and have found several items there that serve the purpose well. With my 40% off coupon, I have gotten some deals. Still quite unhappy with their politics and the way they treat their employees, but figure my boycotting them won't change a thing in the long run.

Someone asked what adhesives I use. I still love my ATG for 90% of what I do. I also use Zots a lot, and I use Mono-Aqua when I need a wet glue.

Favorite cardstocks are: Gina K white for stamping and coloring on, Papertrey white for dry embossing and die cutting, and Georgia Pacific (Walmart) for card backs and for my students to use for making cards.

The Cat's Pajamas-- Shipping just too long for me. My most recent order did not even leave them for 10 days.





No comments: