WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

High Hopes Update and Mystery Solved

The stamps I ordered at the end of my Christmas break from High Hopes (see previous post on this issue) arrived today, about 5 weeks later. When I inquired about them on January 18 she told me "Your order was shipped via Canada Post Airmail/Insured this morning (direct quote from her email). I inquired again on January 29 and got a not so nice email acting like I should not expect so much from them (due to being a young company, due to having only 2 employees, due to needing a new facility, due to the fact she was a month behind because she took the whole month of December off, etc). She then went on to say that the Canadian postal service was probably holding them in customs for 28 days. They arrived today, Feb. 5 postmarked January 29. She had not shipped them despite what she told me. In other words, this had nothing to do with the customs or the postal service.

I have had a number of emails from other customers saying they have had the same experience. 3 of these people told me to check the date on the shipping and bet me that she had not shipped them at all until I asked for a refund. I would never have thought to look at the postmark had they not told me that their packages had also not been mailed when they had been told they were. Mystery solved.

No comments: