WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

8 Questions from Allison--a reader of this blog

1. If you look around your craft room and your recent cards, what would you say are 3 things that stand out as a pattern or theme?

Interesting question. Last month I would have said hot air balloons, rick rack, and felt. This month it is sewing themes, owls (I recently got the SU owl punch and love it so much), bicycles, and tea cups.

2. What about your current favorite colors?

I am still using Kraft cardstock a lot. Also blues, purples, and reds, with some summery yellowy-orange colors.

3. I noticed you have lots of Mary Englebreit decorations in your craft room and yet I don't think I have seen you use any of her stamps.

Very observant, Allison. I find most her stamps very tiny, with lots of detail, and requiring lots of coloring. I wish she would come out with some more basic images, borders, and backgrounds.

4. Are your favorite brands still Papertrey and Waltzing Mouse?

Yes, along with some of the recent Hero Arts and SU. I used to buy Hero Arts all the time and then got bored with them, but lately their images are wonderful. Also, now that SU is doing the cling mount stamps I am moving back that direction. I also love those owl and bird punches.

5. What do you see as current trends?

I think the lined papers, ledgers, tickets, bingo cards, and the like are really hot right now. I happen to love them and this last Papertrey release just blew me away. I also am still enjoying the tea sets, sewing theme (even though I don't sew) and birds. Also felt, die cutting, covering buttons, border punches, etc. are seen a lot.

6. Do you submit for publication?

I used to and have had 5 cards published in 3 magazines, but I found it so much work, such a long timeline to see if you got published, etc. that I got bored with it. My blog is where I show off my work now. Also, I quit subscribing to magazines once stamping blogs got so popular. I literally follow hundreds of them and really enjoy the ideas found there that are free.

7. So there can be no way you actually use all the cards you make. What do you do with them?

I have several idea notebooks with my very favorites and often duplicate those for sending. I keep lots on hand for actual use. Also, I donate cards to several causes. The front office at my work uses my cards to send from our facility and I have several local "fans" who I supply with cards because it just makes me happy to do so. And last but not least, my students use boxes of my cards. They are my very biggest fans and love to earn cards for reading and other things. Some have collected dozens.

8. What is one thing you can never have enough of?

Cuttlebug (and other brands) of embossing folders. I am just obsessed with them!!

No comments: