WELCOME!

This blog is dedicated to stamping, tips, musings, and whatever I want to post. I want my cards to make you smile. You may copy, post, pin, anything you want. To me this is a sharing hobby.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Pretty Bird



Click on the arrow above to see photo if you are using Google Reader.

Mary, over at GW, very kindly purchased this Inkadinkadoo Birds Galore set for me. It will not be widely available until March, according to an email I received from the company. It seems it is currently available in only a few stores that we don't have here in the Northwest and I just had to have this set. If you haven't noticed, I have been on a bird kick for the last year or so. This set is going to be my absolute favorite.

I used my little Cuttlebug folder on the edge twice to create the dry embossed flowers. The bird was inked in red and then I sponged on some black knowing that I wanted it to come together with the black May Arts ribbon from All That Scraps. It is a simple card, but I am pleased with it. The sentiment inside is from smArtworks stamps and says, "Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terrific card. Love the sentiment, too.

K said...

beautiful card! I love that bird stamp!

Kay Kalthoff said...

WOW! This is one seriously AWESOME card! I'm just crazy about it and I'm sooooo glad I came on over to check out your blog! TFS!

Anonymous said...

This card is soooo lovely! tfs

Mary O.K. said...

Ooooh, Donna! How elegant! Your color combination makes this look like a Japenese print-- just beautiful. So glad you like the stamp set.
Best Wishes,
Mary